Making Remote-Sensing Data Accessible
- The Alaska Satellite Facility (ASF) operates the NASA archive of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) data, providing services to researchers supporting NASA’s ESDIS project.
- ASF is part of the Geophysical Institute of the University of Alaska Fairbanks
- ASF downlinks, processes, archives, and distributes remote-sensing data to scientific users around the world
- ASF promotes, facilitates, and participates in the advancement of remote sensing to support national and international Earth science research, field operations, and commercial applications
- ASF commits to providing the highest quality data and services promptly
ASF hosts a NASA Distributed Active Archive Center (DAAC)
ASF operates the NASA archive of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) data from various satellites and aircraft, providing these data and associated services to researchers in support of NASA’s Earth Science Data and Information System (ESDIS) project.
Be a part of the ASF team!
Apply for University of Alaska career employment opportunities at ASF through the UA Careers website.
Computer Science and Engineering students will find a rich, inclusive, and supportive environment offering real-world experience in a NASA-affiliated organization. Interested? Contact us at [email protected]
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual.
Planning to visit ASF?
Directions from Fairbanks International Airport to the Alaska Satellite Facility, West Ridge Research Building.
Download Campus Map.